Cellulant is a leading Pan African payments company that provides locally relevant and alternative payment methods for global, regional and local merchants. We provide a single API payments platform - Tingg - that enables businesses to collect payments online and offline while allowing anyone to pay from their mobile money, local and international cards, or directly from their bank.
Founded in 2003, Cellulant has more than 18 years of experience in providing locally relevant payment solutions for businesses and their consumers.
Our evolution over the years, from a digital content business to mobile banking and now to payments has allowed us to build strong relationships and partnerships. We’ve taken our years of experience and assets acquired over the years to provide a payments platform in the continent that focuses on driving merchant business and digital payments for local, regional, and global merchants in the continent, and digitizing both online and offline payments.
Since 2003, the Cellulant team has learned, adapted and leveraged their experiences to pivot the business to become the leading payments provider in the continent.
You can read more about us and our Group leaders and Country Champions.
Senior Manager: Corporate Communications (Maternity Cover).
This is a temporary role (5 months). Candidates who are immediately available are highly recommended to apply.
Are you a storyteller at heart? Do you excel at using communication to inspire? Are you fluent in digital? Do you have a media on speed dial? Cellulant is looking for a great brand storyteller, communicator, and writer who understands Africa’s media landscape and digital media. You will be responsible for our corporate communication, media relations, and internal communications, presenting our brand and products to strengthen our growth in our various markets.
The need to be a self-starter is critical, with the maturity to offer strategic counsel to multiple business leaders and create proactive communications campaigns that combine strategy, creativity, and flawless execution. This role is a 5-6 month contract to cover a period of maternity.
- Communication Strategy: Works closely with the leadership team and other stakeholders to develop, organize, and effectively implement internal and external communications strategies to build Cellulant's public recognition and network profile globally, particularly in its key markets.
- PR and Media Relations: Cultivate strong relationships with the media and influencers to increase visibility for Cellulant’s works and promote the company’s image. Act as the primary contact person for media inquiries and coordinate press releases, interviews, and media events. Lead initiatives around executive profiling, thought leadership, messaging, communication collateral, and media training.
- Issue and Stakeholder Management: Develop and implement a strategic and proactive issues management strategy to anticipate and mitigate risk and actively manage potential scenarios relating to Cellulant's work. This ongoing strategic management process involves risk mapping and providing timely and accurate information to internal and external stakeholders during different situations—developed in close collaboration with the People and Culture team, Leadership team, and Departmental champions.
- Internal Communication and Brand Experience: Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees, working closely with the leadership team to drive understanding of business strategy. Drive internal campaigns and use internal communication channels such as Townhalls, Slack, Newsletters, etc, to profile key business developments, ensuring internal and external messaging alignment.
- Content Development, Digital, and Social Media Management: Oversee the creation of engaging content for Cellulant's digital platforms, including its website, social media channels, and email newsletters that highlight Cellulant's achievements and efforts in payments, continually positioning it as a market leader. Ensure all content is accurate, engaging, and aligned with Cellulant's brand.
- Reporting and Analytics: Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication initiatives through various metrics, such as media coverage, share of voice, website traffic, social media engagement, and audience reach. Use data and feedback to refine communication strategies and improve overall impact.
- People Management: Lead a cross-functional team in planning and executing several strategic initiatives across PR & digital campaigns to tell the company's brand story.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in corporate communication with 3-4 years experience in leading communication strategy for a global or Pan-African organization.
- A university degree from an accredited institution in the fields of Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, International Relations, and Development. An advanced degree (Masters) is a definite advantage.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a global and regional level in Africa and having managed a pan-African brand in several markets.
- Track record in managing media crises and communication.
- Experience managing diverse internal communication initiatives and working with remote teams across different time zones and cultures.
- Strong media relationships in the technology, business, and fintech sectors across Africa.
- Experience in developing various communication products and strategies (offline and online) with a knowledge of a broad range of communication techniques and tools (PowerPoint, Google Suite, infographics, video production, and social media platforms).
- Solid experience with social media, including blogs, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Native English speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great writing skills with proven ability to produce concise, high-quality communication material
- Strong project management skills and decision-making skills.
- Strong ability to interpret technical information and translate it into simple, effective communication.
- Strong storytelling and content creation skills, with the ability to translate complex fintech concepts into compelling narratives for diverse audiences.
- You are confident and well-rounded, able to understand multiple perspectives and deal with differences respectfully and diplomatically.
- You think quickly on your feet, are decisive, and can work effectively on multiple projects.