Cellulant is a leading Pan African payments company that provides locally relevant and alternative payment methods for global, regional and local merchants. We provide a single API payments platform - Tingg - that enables businesses to collect payments online and offline while allowing anyone to pay from their mobile money, local and international cards, or directly from their bank.
Founded in 2003, Cellulant has more than 18 years of experience in providing locally relevant payment solutions for businesses and their consumers.
Our evolution over the years, from a digital content business to mobile banking and now to payments has allowed us to build strong relationships and partnerships. We’ve taken our years of experience and assets acquired over the years to provide a payments platform in the continent that focuses on driving merchant business and digital payments for local, regional, and global merchants in the continent, and digitizing both online and offline payments.
Since 2003, the Cellulant team has learned, adapted and leveraged their experiences to pivot the business to become the leading payments provider in the continent.
You can read more about us and our Group leaders and Country Champions.
Senior Software Engineer: Ghana
This role is located in Ghana. Candidates from Ghana are highly recommended to apply.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Software Engineer to lead our Software Engineering team in Ghana. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation and performance of our systems, contributing to the overall reliability and efficiency of our services. This role demands a blend of technical expertise, communication skills, and problem-solving capabilities to ensure seamless customer experiences.
Key Relationships: Customers engaging on mobile app platforms, Customer Technical Teams (Mobile App support), and Internal Teams(Technology and Account Management).
- Ticket Management: Collaborate with your team to ensure the timely recording of tickets on SysAid, and drive the resolution process within specified Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Proactive Monitoring: Take the lead in proactively monitoring our services to maintain continuous high-quality service for our customers. Identify potential issues before they impact the user experience and implement preventive measures.
- Issue Escalation and Follow-up: Effectively escalate service issues to the appropriate stakeholders and follow up diligently to ensure timely resolution within specified SLA. Keep stakeholders informed of the progress and resolution status.
- Data Management: Oversee the continuous archiving of data and maintain databases in a lightweight state to maximize transactional efficiency. Implement best practices for data management and contribute to database optimization efforts.
- On-Call Support: Be available for on-call support, especially during critical periods or in the event of system outages.
- Change Management Support: Collaborate with the development teams to communicate and apply changes effectively.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Must have qualifications/experience:
- Minimum of 5 Years of experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of leading or having a senior role in SRE teams and maintaining system reliability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Technical certifications in Cloud-related technologies e.g. AWS, Azure, CKAD is an added advantage.
- Proficient technical skills in; Kubernetes administration, troubleshooting, and optimization; SysAid or similar ticketing systems; Strong expertise in proactive monitoring tools and practices; Experience with relational database management and optimization.
- SLA Management: A solid understanding of Service Level Agreements and experience in managing and meeting SLA commitments.
Experience that will count in your favor:
- Substantial hands-on experience in administering Kubernetes clusters, including deployment, scaling, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and deploying applications on cloud infrastructure, especially in conjunction with Kubernetes.
- Strong scripting skills (e.g., Python, Bash) and experience in automating routine tasks and processes, contributing to efficient Kubernetes cluster management.
Nice to have experience:
- In-depth knowledge and experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, and understanding of container orchestration tools beyond Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in using monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or other similar tools for proactive monitoring and alerting within a Kubernetes environment.
- Programming fundamentals in any language (Java or PHP).
- Familiarity with monitoring tools (e.g., Prometheus, Grafana) and IT service management systems (e.g., SysAid).
- Experience in managing and optimizing databases, especially in a Kubernetes and microservices environment.
- Strong relational and non-relational database management skills.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, especially in the context of Kubernetes and distributed systems.
- A track record of staying updated with the latest trends and best practices in Kubernetes and related technologies, reflecting a commitment to continuous learning.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills.
- A customer-centric mindset with a commitment to delivering high-quality support.
- Ability to work effectively within a time and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Efficiently manage time and prioritize tasks to meet service level agreements(SLAs).
- Problem-Solving Ability: Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues within a Kubernetes cluster and implement effective solutions.